Collection of Personally Identifiable Information:
Use of Personally Identifiable Information:
- We may collect your personally identifiable information when you enter the Site or Apps, particularly when you create a unique user account. The types of personally identifiable information that we collect includes, without limitation, your: (a) name; (b) email address; (c) phone number; (d) street address; (e) date of birth; (f) universities or other schools attended (alumni affiliation), including dates of attendance, degree(s) earned, graduation date(s) and other profile and biographical information related to your attendance at the applicable schools; and (g) any and all other information required to issue you a Tassl ID or requested in connection with the Tassl user account registration and maintenance process.
- You may optionally choose to provide your full name and other personal information (such as additional school alumni-related information, birthday, gender, location) to be publicly displayed in connection with your account and activity.
Your username, Tassl ID or alias is publicly displayed and connected to your Tassl activity. Other people may see your profile and account information, such as date joined, school alumni information, events attended, reviews, ratings, points earned and comments in community spaces and forums.
- When you use the Apps, you may optionally choose to share your geo-location details with Tassl in order to use certain location-based services. If you have provided your location details but would no longer like to share that information, you may opt out of those services through the settings on the Apps. You may also enable the Apps to access your mobile device’s camera to upload photographs to Tassl.
- We may also collect personally identifiable information about you from participating schools and alumni groups, including general directory information from alumni databases.
- We may sell, rent, lease or otherwise provide the information that you supply to us to schools of which you are an alumni of and alumni groups you have externally opted into or attended events of. These schools may use such information for alumni outreach purposes and other purposes, but Tassl will have no control over these activities. Specific user information will not be sold, rented or leased to parties outsides your University or Alumni Groups.
- We may also use your information for customer service, to provide you with information that you may request, to customize your experience on the Site and Apps and/or to contact you when necessary in connection with any transactions entered into by you on the Site, Apps or otherwise with Tassl.
- We may also use your personal information for internal business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our products and services. We may also combine the information we have gathered about you with information from other sources. We may use third parties to help us operate our business and the Site and/or Apps or to administer activities on our behalf.
By registering at the Site and/or the Apps, you agree that such act constitutes an inquiry and/or application for purposes of the Amended Telemarketing Sales Rule (16 CFR §310 et seq.), as amended from time to time (the "Rule") and applicable state do-not-call regulations. As such, notwithstanding that your telephone number may be listed on the Federal Trade Commission's Do-Not-Call List, and/or on applicable state do-not-call lists, we or any third-party to whom we have sold or leased your personally identifiable information retain the right to contact you via telemarketing (where you have provided us with your telephone number) in accordance with the Rule and applicable state do-not-call regulations.
Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
Tassl reserves the right to share, rent, sell, distribute and/or use the Browser Data for any and all lawful purposes.
When you submit personally identifiable information to Tassl, you have opted-in to request that we share your personal information with third parties to receive marketing and other communications. When contacted by any of these companies or third parties, you should notify them directly of your choices regarding their use and sharing of your information. Tassl is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third parties. In some cases, you may be required to provide certain information to register or complete a transaction at such third-party site. These third-party websites have separate privacy and data collection practices and Tassl has no responsibility or liability relating to them. We do not endorse, nor are we responsible for the accuracy of, the privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of such websites. These third party entities are independent third parties and are not affiliated with Tassl.
If you no longer wish to use Tassl’s services or receive service-related messages, then you may close your Tassl user account.
You are responsible for the personal information you choose to post in community spaces on Tassl. Tassl reminds its users to use common sense and good judgment when posting in community spaces or sharing your personal information with others on Tassl. Be aware that any personal information you submit there can be read, collected, stored or used by others, or could be used to send you unsolicited messages. Your posts may remain public even after your Tassl account is closed.
You can follow another Tassl member’s public activity, such as school events, calendar items and alumni activities. If you do not want other alumni app users to be able to contact you through your email address, then you may opt-out through the settings on the Site, but you may not be able to use all of the services available on the Site or Apps. In any event, Tassl will still be able to share or provide your personally identifiable and non-personally identificable information with the schools of which you are an alumni of and alumni groups you have externally opted in to. If you do not wish to be located on Tassl via your full name, you may remove your name from your public account information on the Site. It is not possible to opt-out of being found via your username. After a member has begun following your activity, you have the option to block that member through the Site if you do not wish to share your updates with that specific person.
All collected information is stored in a technically and physically secure environment. While we use reasonable, industry standard measures to protect personal information online and offline, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we do not ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems. Access to this personal information is strictly limited, and not accessible to the public. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personal information. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, we will notify you and any applicable regulatory agencies in the event that we learn of an information security breach with respect to your personal information. You will be notified via email in the event of such a breach. Please be advised that notice may be delayed in order to address the needs of law enforcement, determine the scope of network damage, and to engage in remedial measures.
Your Tassl account information is protected by a password. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access of your account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and computer secure by signing out after using our services.
Tassl will retain your information only for as long as is necessary or your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you no longer want Tassl to use your information to provide you services, you may close your account. Tassl will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You may inform us of any changes or requests in regards to your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under local data protection law, we may update or delete your personal data accordingly.